Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lazy Sunday









I wanted to post some pics of the Beth Moore conference (and my halloween decos). Beth Moore is very down to earth and makes learning about God easy and fun and also acknowledges the fact that everyone sins and although we should be ashamed and repent for our sins it's ok not to be perfect and God knows we are not. I have a hard time with this, I am a good pretender. But this is why he sent Jesus Christ to earth because we are sinners! I feel like I have made many, many bad decisions in my life, but I know God is love and God forgives. He forgives things that people do not think he should forgive. We can't comprehend his unbounding love. I really feel like I can get through some things that our family has been faced with, with the help of God. Thanks Antioch girls for such a great trip!! Some highlights of the lesson, based on Exodus 4, in God's self disclosure to Moses:

God never withdraws his love from us, but he does withdraw his blessings. Just like we should do with our disobedient children! God is scandalously forgiving and compassionate. There is no sin he will not forgive. We must heal the wounds we have and get over them. And have faith that he can move our mountains. He may not move it when we want him to, but he CAN. Have faith. Read Ezekial chapter 1 when you get a chance.

He heals the brokenhearted and he binds up thier wounds
Psalm 147:3

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you really enjoyed it. Glad you were able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good Julie!!! What a blessing this weekend was. I had such a good time hanging out and am SO glad that we had the chance to do it! I miss it though... sure wish the conferences were just a tiny bit longer. :-)

    ReplyDelete